Welcome to the Top 100 Travel Blog Posts published during 2015 as shared on Social Media!
As a follow-up to the Top 100 Travel Blog Posts of 2014 by Social Media Shares, I wanted to curate a list of travel blog posts that did well during 2015. I canvassed as many travel bloggers as I could reach via email, Facebook, and Twitter — I even wrote a post soliciting submissions. With over 500 entries received ranging from lists to photo essays to food to long reads, I tabled the results using Share Tally to come up with the Top 100.
How is this list different?
There are a few sites that maintain regular lists of Top Travel Blogs, but this is the first list devoted to social sharing performance of individual travel blog articles.
How are the Top 100 Travel Blog Posts by Social Shares measured?
This list uses Share Tally to determine the social popularity of each post. Metrics used include Facebook (Likes, Shares, and Comments), Pinterest , Google+, StumbleUpon (Stumbles, Likes, and Lists), LinkedIn, and Buffer. (Note: Twitter results were not included since Twitter removed share count capability from its API. Reddit was removed from the final chart tally since few of the Top 100 Travel Blog posts had any shares on Reddit.)
All social media numbers were pulled from Share Tally over a 24-hour period on February 9th & 10th, 2016.
Note that this list does not include page views from Google Analytics as a factor.
Consideration for inclusion was by voluntary opt-in using a Google Form during the submission period from July 30 to August 15, 2015.
If you are a travel blogger who did not get a chance to submit an article for consideration for the Top 100 Travel Blog Posts of 2015, there will be another list of Top 100 Travel Blog Posts of 2016 which will be launched in January 2017. Add your name to this form if you are interested, and you’ll receive an email reminder when submissions open.
What is excluded from this list?
- Non-independent travel site articles (e.g. Huffington Post, CNN, BBC, Lonely Planet, Daily Mail, LifeHacker, corporate blogs, etc.)
- Articles covering topics pertaining to digital nomadism, blogging, and social media.
TOP 100 TRAVEL BLOG POSTS OF 2015
BY SOCIAL MEDIA SHARES
(TIE) 100. Travellers Guide to 33 Traditional Greek Foods
Total Shares: 6159
(TIE) 100. 3 Meals: Where to Eat in New Orleans
Total Shares: 6159
98. Nature Bucket List in Dominica
Total Shares: 6226
97. 10 Pennsylvania Roadside Oddities You Have to See to Believe
Total Shares: 6274
96. Bali with Kids: Top 51 Things to Do
Total Shares: 6343
95. 10 Reasons to Make Boracay Island Your Next Vacation Destination
Total Shares: 6492
94. Is Turkey Safe from ISIS and Terrorism?
Total Shares: 6608
93. Irish Breakfast and a Luxury Hotel near Ashford Castle
Total Shares: 6819
92. 11 Guaranteed Dos and Don’ts for Visiting NYC Like a Pro
Total Shares: 6863
91. The Coudersport Ice Mine: Pennsylvania’s Coolest Natural Oddity
Total Shares: 6926
90. A Basic Guide to Exploring Santorini, Greece
Total Shares: 7209
89. How To Travel The World When You Have Absolutely No Money
Total Shares: 7286
88. Be A Girl Who Travels
Total Shares: 7338
87. A Great Dinner in Mystic, CT in Yummy, Funny Photos
Total Shares: 7397
86. Where To Stay In Bali: Best Locations By 10-Time Visitor
Total Shares: 7508
85. 20 Killer Photos of Puerto Rico
Total Shares: 7543
84. Everything You Know About the Vikings is Wrong
Total Shares: 7630
83. A Local’s Guide to Visiting New York City
Total Shares: 7685
82. How to Get Cheap & Free Accommodation Around the World
Total Shares: 7813
81. A Different View of Belgium: The Known and Lesser Known Treasures of Belgium
Total Shares: 7997
To view this list as a clickable, sortable table